So…what’s for dinner tonight?
If you’re anything like me, the answer to that question can be narrowed down to roughly 10 meals that get made in (endless) loop.
Over. And OVER. And OVER AGAIN.
It’s not that they’re not good. They are all things that my little family loves. It’s just that they’re SO predictable.
Recently one of my close girlfriends had a sweet baby girl. When I went to visit her, I brought her one of my old standby casseroles. When she texted me later to ask for the recipe, I had a light bulb moment, (which is sort of like one of Oprah’s “Aha! Moments” but not nearly as profound.) I realized that…
My old standbys were a break from dinnertime boredom for some other family!
From that moment, this contest was born.
So, here’s how it works…And yes, there will be a prize.
E-mail me your favorite old standby dinner recipe. Your recipe should be relatively easy, healthy and kid-friendly. I will gather all of the submissions and compile them into one yummy, recipe-filled post. (If you’re a blogger, I will link your submission to your blog.) Then I will give you, my lovely readers, a few weeks to test out the recipes that interest you the most. During the “testing period” I will put up a poll so that everyone can vote for their favorite recipe. The person with the recipe that receives the most votes will win the prize (a $25 VISA Gift Card).
A few rules:
- The recipe you submit does not have to be original, but if it’s not, please make sure you give proper credit.
- Only one submission per email address please.
- Submissions must be received by Friday, August 17th
- I will post all the recipes I receive on Monday, August 20th
- Polling will close on Monday, September 3rd
- The winner will be announced on Wednesday, September 5th
Send your recipes on over to me at: email@example.com
Let’s get cookin’!