I was so excited to find out that Kristy, the writer of a sweet mommy blog called Raising Hayden, had nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. (Liebster is a German word meaning “dearest”.) On Hayden’s mommy’s blog you’ll find reviews, recipes, her “cool finds” and posts about the daily challenges of being a first time momma. A big cyber HUG to Kristy for the nomination!
Now, you might be asking yourself, that sounds nice…but what exactly IS the Liebster Blog Award? Well, to be honest, until this little surprise honor, I wasn’t quite sure myself…
The Liebster Blog Award is a pay-it-forward award that recognizes new bloggers. To “accept” your nomination there are a few little rules…
First you must pay-it-forward by nominating (and linking to) five other new blogs with 200 or fewer followers. Second, you must share five random and interesting things about yourself. Finally, you must publish the Liebster Blog Award on your site, and link back to the person who nominated you for the award. (Again, thank you Raising Hayden!)
So here’s my little shout out to five blogs that I think deserve a little LOVE.
1. Roar Sweetly: The name alone is what first made me visit this lovely blog written by a mama of two living in Sydney. I mean, Roar Sweetly? How precious is that!? Go ahead, click on it. The blog is as sweet as its name.
2. Lvbaby: This new mama is working on launching “Earth To Mom”, an organic, affordable, eco-friendly line of baby accessories. She shares yummy recipes, design ideas and cute DIY projects.
3. Sweet Little Thang: A truly drool worthy blog about creating amazing desserts and gifts. Sweet Little Thang offers beautiful tips and project ideas to spruce up your home.
4. Neaten Your Nest: A mama of two passionate about creating an organized, balanced and comfortable home for her family. She just wrote a post about taking 15 minutes to organize her tupperware drawer. A mama after my own heart.
5. Gina Gratz Wellness & Nutrition Coaching: A holistic health coach working to inspire people to live their best lives. Her blog is full of wellness tips, nutrition coaching and healthy recipes.
Go visit these five new bloggers and show them a little love!
Ok, now on to the five random and (hopefully somewhat) interesting things about me:
1. My husband and I went to college together, but it wasn’t until nine years after we graduated that we met…at a BAR.
2. My full first name is actually Kelly Ann, although no one calls me that. Not even my mom when she’s mad.
3. I once lived in a studio apartment so small that I could jump from my bed, to my couch, to my dresser, to the toilet, to my kitchen counter…all without touching the floor. Literally. I tried it once.
4. When I go to see live theatre I am always so paranoid that my phone is going to go off in the middle of the show and disturb the actors, that I put my phone on silent. And turn it off. And then I take the battery out.
5. I was a gymnast for most of my young life, starting classes at the age of two on a team called The Flipmunks. How cute is that?
Again…thank you so much to Raising Hayden for the little cyber high five! xo